Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Start

If any of you don't know, 'Julie and Julia' is the story of a woman in New York a few years ago who was kind of bitter and sad. The only time she could relax was when she cooked from Julia Child's cook book. So she started a project of cooking all of the recipes in the book within a year and she blogged about it. At the end she discovered something about herself. And got a book and movie deal. I'm not looking for any of that, I just would really like to set a goal for myself and accomplish it. And eat cookies. :) I feel for Martha Stewart the way Julie feels for Julia Child. I have always wanted to be able to decorate my house the way she does, or look at a pile of garbage and figure a way to turn it into a Christmas wreath for a hostess gift. She makes everything sound so effortless like she just happened to throw this little quilt together or she always has gourds and lamp kits lying around. This project is going to be 175 recipes from 'Martha Stewart's Cookies' in 365 days. That means I will have to go through roughly 3-4 recipes a week. I have flipped through the book and can already tell there are going to be a lot of cookies I don't like. But I'm sure I will have friends who will want to take them off my hands!

1 comment:

  1. um... why do I not have this book? I have her baking handbook which is amazing, and a Christmas magazine from a few years ago that has only cookies, cookies cookies! But I've never seen this one! I would love to do this one with you! Wish I had time, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do! I feel the same way about Martha too... sigh*

    ReplyDelete